Think fast, how many electrical outlets do you have in your home? You probably cannot count all of them off the top of your head. However, these helpful little plugs make our lives easier and allows us to enjoy all of the conveniences that accompany our many electrical devices.
Outlets are one of those items in our homes that we take for granted. We continually plug our electronics in and out without much thought. It is easy to just assume that these power sources will always work when we need them. Unfortunately, outlets do sometimes fail us when we need them most. The key to preventing an unexpected, unpleasant surprise is to be able to tell ahead of time when your outlets are starting wear out and have them replaced.
Warning Signs it is Time to Replace Your Electrical Outlets:
1. You notice sparking when you plug and unplug items.*
2. Outlets are not properly grounded.
3. The prongs on your plugs are no longer fitting correctly in the outlet.
4. An outlet produces smoke or burning smells.*
5. You hear unusual sounds coming from an outlet.*
6. The outlet appears worn out or damaged.
7. Outlet or wiring was installed incorrectly.
* Can be an indication an electrical fire or other serious issue that requires immediate attention.
When to Consider Upgrades:
You may find that upgrading and/ or having more outlets installed to be extremely beneficial in your home. For example; by having one of our Certified Electricians install more outlets you can greatly reduce the number of power strips and extension cords throughout your home. Your home will be safer and there will less unsightly cords laying around everywhere. Call us at (866)844-3770 to have your electrical needs evaluated today!
If you have any plumbing, heating, cooling or electrical needs, simply call us at:
or feel free to check us out online at
Be sure to check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, GooglePlus and Instagram