Great news, the groundhog did not see his shadow this morning and according to folklore, spring will come early this year. But since spring is scheduled to be here earlier this year, you’ll need to ensure that your home is ready earlier as well. Not to worry, simply follow this easy checklist to make sure your home is prepared for an early spring.
1. Be prepared to switch to lighter bedding. You never know when the temperatures will heat up unexpectedly and when they do you won’t want to sleep under a big heavy comforter.
2. Have your air conditioner inspected by a professional to ensure you don’t experience any unpleasant surprises when you go to use it for the first time this spring.
3. Let the light in! With the gloom of winter soon to be behind us, you’ll want to let the beautiful spring sunlight into your home. Clean your windows thoroughly and open those blinds and curtains and let the sunshine in!
4. Be ready for spring time gardening by ensuring that your water supplies are ready to go! Inspect and test your hoses and sprinklers to be sure they’re free of holes, clogs and the water can flow through freely. Have a plumbing expert come out and inspect all of your outdoor plumbing, to ensure your pipes made it through the winter free of damage.
5.With the changing of the seasons, you should also change out the batteries in your smoke and co detectors.
6. Clean your gutters, to remove all of the leaves and other debris from the fall and winter seasons.
7. Replace the light bulbs in your porch lights, flood lights, security lights and other outdoor lighting fixtures. Have an Electrician inspect your outdoor wiring for damage. These preemptive steps will mean that you won’t have to worry about finding yourself left out in the dark this spring.
8. Finally, cross your fingers and hope the groundhog got it right this year!
Happy Groundhog Day!