Valentine’s Day is coming up and it could be a chilly one. However, the cold weather outside doesn’t mean you can’t heat things up inside! Here are a few ideas to share the love and stay warm in every room of your home this Valentine’s Day.
Heat Up Your Kitchen.
The best way to warm up someone’s heart is through their stomach. If any of your Valentine’s Day plans involve staying home and preparing a romantic dinner, you’ll want to include these tips for a little extra heat.
- Start dinner with a steaming bowl of soup. The long-simmering cooking process will help heat up your kitchen. Plus the warm soup will help raise your core body temperature.
- Don’t skip your carbs. Your body turns carbs into energy, which will provide your body with some added warmth. Just don’t overdo it on the carbs, since it is Valentine’s Day. Try sticking to complex carbs, so you can avoid the sleepy, full feeling and the sugar crash. And remember not to stuff yourself!
- Spice things up! Flavor your dinner with a little chipotle, ancho, cayenne pepper, masala, chili powder, etc.
- Don’t trap the heat. After you’re done preparing your romantic dinner, leave the oven door propped open a little. This allows the heat from your oven to flow through your kitchen for added warmth. Just remember to make sure the oven is turned off the moment you’re done cooking. You should never use your oven to heat your home!
Don’t Freeze in the Living Room.
Cuddling with your loved one on the sofa and watching a movie is a simple and romantic way to spend Valentine’s Day. But include a few of these ideas to take things to the next level and create more heat between the two of you.
- Opt for more romantic lighting. Placing a few candles around the room is not only a way to set the right Valentine’s Day mood, but they help produce extra heat. Just never leave candles unattended. For added romance choose scented candles.
- Snuggle up. Cuddling together under a warm blanket while watching television is a great way to stay warm. Plus it’s super romantic and extremely affordable.
- Don’t forget the hot chocolate. When snuggling on the sofa, use a warm cup of hot cocoa for added warmth and romance.
- Build a cozy fort. That’s right! Grab your blankets and pillows and build yourselves a little fort in the living room. Not only will you be warm, but a fort adds a real level of fun to your Valentine’s Day! Grab a few board games and your tablet to make your fort even better.
- If you have a fireplace, use it. Nothing says romance and warmth more than a roaring fire.
Keep A Toasty Bathroom.
Remember that when you’re getting ready for your Valentine’s Day date that you can still stay warm.
- Don’t waste that hot water. After you’re done taking a bath, don’t drain the water. Let the warm water stay in the tub until it is at least warm temperature. The heat from the water will help warm your bathroom. Plus, the warm water will add extra humidity to your home.
Heating Up The Bedroom
Staying warm in the bedroom this Valentine’s Day is easier than you might think!
- Toss on an extra blanket. Layers are a great way to stay warm and your bed is not an exception. So make sure you have enough comfy blankets before trying to go to sleep.
- Plan ahead. Grab a rubber water bottle or two, fill them with hot water and place them between your sheets a few hours before you go to bed. Doing this will help ensure that your bed is warm and toasty when you go to turn in.
- Indoor camping? If the cold really bothers you, toss a sleeping bag on your bed. Sleeping bags are typically better insulated than most blankets. So, you and your partner can snuggle up together in perfect comfort.
Other Ideas For Staying Warm This Valentine’s Day
In case your Valentine’s Day isn’t warm enough for you, here are a few more ideas to help you out.
- Get active. Getting up and moving around is one of the best ways to warm yourself up. Try taking your date dancing, go bowling or go rollerblading.
- Make sure your home is always at the perfect temperature. A properly maintained and functioning furnace is the key to ensuring your home is always toasty and comfy. Call us at (618) 765-8218 or check us out online at TrustTiger.com, to schedule your furnace check up today.
- Lock it up. Locking your windows and doors helps create a tighter seal, helping to prevent heat from escaping your home.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
If you have any plumbing, heating, cooling or electrical needs, simply call us at: