Winter in the Midwest can be brutal and unfortunately your home tends to be vulnerable to the extreme cold and winter weather. Winterizing your home now is the best way to help ensure that you’re not left out in the cold this winter!
Check out this simple home winterizing checklist:
- Odds are you’re about done watering your lawn or hand washing your car for the season. To prevent freezing this winter make sure that you disconnect and drain all of your outdoor hoses.
- Remember to lock your windows tight! Locking your windows makes their seals tighter.
- Have your pipes checked by a professional. Before the real winter weather gets here, you’ll want to have a plumber inspect your pipes for holes, cracks, insulation problems and other issues that could cause your pipes to freeze.
- To prevent serious plumbing issues this winter call us at 1.888.9TIGER4 to have your pipes professionally insulated.
- Clear your gutters of leaves a debris. Cleaning gutters is no ones favorite chore. However if your gutters become clogged then water will run over the sides and straight down around the foundation of your home. This may lead to erosion around your foundation and moisture can get inside your house.
- Insulate older basement windows during winter months. Doing so will help keep warm air from escaping through your basement. Saving you some real money on your heating bill.
- Hanging heavy curtains over your windows is another great way to cut the cost of your energy bill this winter.
- Replace your furnace filter! A new clean furnace filter will ensure that your furnace doesn’t have to work as hard to warm your home, saving you even more money on your power bill this season.
- Stock up on salt, ice melts, shovels and other winter items now. These items have a bad habit of selling out when you need them most!
To have any of your winterizing concerns addressed by one of our Plumbing Experts, Heating and Cooling Technicians and/or Electricians call 1.888.9TIGER4 today or feel free to check us out online at TrustTiger.com.
Be sure to check out Tiger Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning and Electrical Services on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, GooglePlus and Instagram for more valuable winterizing information.
See how fast we can get to you!