Don’t Get Burned!Published: June 25, 2014
Don’t Get Burned!
An Anti-Scald Device Will Protect Your Family
In homes where there is a high demand for hot water, homeowners often turn up the temperature on their hot water heaters to meet this need, sometimes well beyond the 120 degree Fahrenheit factory setting considered safe. Temperatures higher than this can cause severe scalding. At highest risk are children and elderly or disabled persons.
In such situations, installing an anti-scald device is an affordable way to protect against this risk. Call us today at 1-866-TIGER70 to learn more about protecting your family.
- Hot water scalds account for 20% of all burns
- More than 2,000 American children are treated for scalds each year
- Scalding accidents occur most frequently in the bathrooms and kitchens where they are most preventable
- Scalding leads to additional injuries such as heart attacks, shock, falls, and serious broken bones, particularly among the elderly
- Scalding and other burns require the most expensive treatments: long hospital stays, costly skin grafts, and plastic surgery
- Most U.S. states now mandate some form of anti-scald measures in building codes