We’ve officially entered the last month of 2013, which means time is running out to take advantage of federal tax credits for new water heaters and HVAC systems. Today we’re going to review which systems are available for the 2013 energy-efficient tax credits and go over some of the best benefits of taking advantage of the credits before they expire on December 31st!
What kinds of plumbing and HVAC systems qualify for the 2013 energy-efficient tax credits?
Federal tax credits are available for any of the systems listed below that meet specific energy-efficiency criteria. Check out our previous posts about these tax credits for water heaters and HVAC systems to review the specific requirements for each type of system.
- Gas, oil or propane water heaters ($300 credit)
- Electric heat pump water heaters ($300 credit)
- Central air conditioners ($300 credit)
- Gas, propane or oil furnaces ($150 credit)
- Air source heat pumps ($300 credit)
What are the benefits of taking advantage of the 2013 energy-efficient tax credits?
- Save money on installations. The most obvious benefit of the 2013 energy-efficient tax credits is that they’ll save you money on installation costs. This is a great way to invest in a high-efficiency system that otherwise might not have matched your budget.
- Save money down the road. In addition to saving money on installation costs, these tax credits will ensure that you save money on operating costs down the road. That’s because the water heaters and HVAC systems that qualify for the 2013 tax credits all come with high efficiency ratings, which means they consume a minimal amount of energy and lead to lower utility bills.
- Ensure your new systems are of great quality. The systems that qualify for the 2013 federal tax credits must meet performance requirements in addition to efficiency requirements. That means that you’ll be installing a system that works great and will likely have a longer operating life than systems that don’t meet the requirements for the 2013 tax credits.
If you have any questions about the 2013 energy-efficient tax credits, or if you’d like a plumbing or HVAC system installed in your home, contact Tiger Services, your St. Louis Metro East plumbing, heating and air conditioning contractor.