Happy New Year! Yesterday marked the beginning of 2014, which is the time that many people are kicking off their New Year’s resolutions. If you’re making resolutions to spend less money and live healthier this year, you can use your plumbing and HVAC systems to help you do it! Today we’re going to talk about five HVAC and plumbing tips that will help cut your spending and live healthier in 2014.
5 HVAC and plumbing tips that will help you spend less and live healthier in 2014
- Schedule tune-ups for your furnace and air conditioner. Repairs for your furnace and air conditioner can get expensive, especially if your systems encounter serious problems. By scheduling tune-ups for your air conditioner in the spring and your furnace in the fall, you can minimize the likelihood of your systems breaking down and avoid spending money on repairs. In addition, tune-ups will improve the efficiency of your furnace and air conditioner, which will lower your heating and cooling costs throughout the year.
- Check your air filter every month. A dirty air filter will greatly reduce your HVAC system’s efficiency, which can significantly raise your home’s energy bills. You can help keep your utility bills low by checking and/or changing your air filter every month in 2014.
- Install a better air filtration system. The air in most homes contains all kinds of contaminants that can make you sick and aggravate symptoms of asthma and allergies. By installing a whole house air cleaner and/or air purifier in your home, you can eliminate those contaminants and breathe cleaner air. This is a great way to improve your health this year!
- Schedule annual maintenance for your plumbing system. Along with scheduling tune-ups for your furnace and air conditioner this year, you should also schedule maintenance for your home’s plumbing system. During Tiger’s 101-point safety inspection, we’ll inspect your entire plumbing system (including your fixtures and water heater) and take care of any problems that we find. This is will help you avoid plumbing problems and increase the efficiency of your water heater, both of which will save you money this year.
- Install a water filtration system. Even though it goes through a treatment plant, unfiltered tap water typically contains a number of different contaminants that can affect your health when you use it for drinking and bathing. Installing a water filtration system will provide you with high-quality and great-tasting water that is much safer to use and will help improve your health in 2014.
If you have any questions about these New Year’s resolutions, or if you’d like an HVAC or plumbing system serviced or installed in your home, contact Tiger Services, your Glen Carbon plumbing, heating and air conditioning contractor.