Superbowl 51 is going to be one of the biggest sporting events of 2017 and it is coming at us quickly. Right now you’re probably making plans for the big day. If you’re planning on hosting your own party, you probably have your hands full with planning this and that, but don’t forget about your pipes during your Superbowl preparations. There are a few steps you can take to ensure that everything runs smoothly, plumbing wise, during your big Superbowl party.
1. The first and most important step you can take to prevent a Superbowl plumbing disaster is to have a local plumber run a quick maintenance check on your plumbing system. Having your plumbing inspected before the big game is the best way to ensure that everything is working properly and give you some added peace of mind. After all, nothing ruins a Superbowl party like a clogged toilet at half-time.
2. Your toilet will be used heavily during your party and if it tends to give you trouble you might want to switch to thinner toilet paper. 1-ply works best and your guest won’t likely notice or mind the difference for one day.
3. In order to prevent your guests from flushing items like paper towels, “flushable” wipes (which are horrible for your toilet) and other paper products, you should remove all of these items from your bathroom. Additionally, you may want to remove any smaller objects that are around your toilet, to prevent any accidents.
4. Be wary of what goes in your garbage disposal. Let’s face it, what’s a football party without a ton of delicious and greasy foods? The problem is that your garbage disposal can only handle so much. It is extremely important not to overload it with too much food at one time and always avoid pouring grease down your drain. Wings are a popular Superbowl tradition, but you’ll want to avoid putting chicken bones in your disposal. Additionally, do not put any of the following food items down your garbage disposal at any time; potato peels, celery, artichokes, asparagus, lettuce, corn husks, carrots, onion skins, pasta, beans or rice.
5. Better safe than sorry. Keep a plunger next to your toilet just in case. And if you experience a really big clog or some other kind of plumbing disaster during your Superbowl party, don’t panic! We’ll still be open for emergency repairs. Call us at (866) 844-3770 or feel free to check us out online at TrustTiger.com and we’ll get your Superbowl party back on track!
If you have any plumbing, heating, cooling or electrical needs, simply call us at:
or feel free to check us out online at